Project Based Learning ZONE
At BSVL, we are firm knowers that hybrid/blending learning is the best approach to academic development and growth. It allows our Master Students to limit screen to our recommended max of four hours a day. We also created this Project Based Learning Zone to give Star Families projects that can span 15-20 days in length to provide enriched learning opportunities in Science, Social Studies, and Fine Arts. We also have projects in Health and PE and ELA.
Do them together as a family or collaborate with other members in the community in the PBL Fun House Vibe Room. These teachable moments are optional and you decide how much or little is implemented. Some learners may simply use them as additional resources to learn a concept so have fun with PBL!
Suggested Project for PreK-Early Grades (Covers Science, ELA, and Math)
The Recess Path
Suggested Project for 3rd-12th Grade (STEM)
Project Name: Making Space for Change
PBL STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) Catalog
PBL Science Catalog
PBL Math Catalog
PBL Social Studies Catalog
PBL ELA (Language Arts) Catalog
PBL World Languages Catalog
PBL Health and PE Catalog
PBL Fine Arts Catalog
Project Based Learning Explained
PBL Quick Tips
1. Choose a project that really interest you.
2. Pick and choose elements of the project that allow you to use your natural strengths.
3. Schedule a time with your Compass Guide to do a "Read Through" to gain a solid understanding of project elements.
4. Completely delegate the organization and planning of the project to Master Students. They have a support team at BSVL to help them.
5. Set a realistic timeline that works well with your existing academic schedule.
6. Choose projects that allow you make use of resources and materials already in your home or easily accessible.